Lead Auditor Internal Controls at Cooper Standard Automotive Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novi, Michigan
Provides Sarbanes-Oxley Act implementation support to Director, Internal Controls & Global Compliance. Implementation and compliance activities include documentation, quality assurance reviews, planning and conducting SOX internal control audits and reporting the results, performing financial and operational audits as required and supporting financial and operational audit teams.
• Conducts SOX driven compliance assignments, which includes interviewing, documenting, quality assurance reviews for design effectiveness, process mapping and gap analysis.
• Evaluates business processes, performs walkthroughs, validates documentation, identifies gaps and risks, develops Corrective Action logs, and develops recommendations to mitigate risks.
• Works with Director, Internal Controls & Global Compliance to plan audit engagement strategy, define objectives, and address related internal controls risks and issues.
• Develops/reviews internal control test plans, performs testing across all business units to evaluate their operating effectiveness in accordance with established procedures and reports test results.
• Participates in risk assessment; identifies key areas of risks and appropriate financial scope coverage including applying current knowledge of internal control trends to identify issues and other opportunities for improvement.
• Participates in and may lead audit team as well as supervise contractual auditors from outside agencies, as needed.
• Assists in preparation of final SOX test results accumulated impact analysis.
• Participates in presentation of audit findings, reports to management and tracks issues to ensure proper remediation or mitigation in a timely manner.
• Assists in timely completion and ongoing maintenance of all SOX audit and infrastructure requirements.
• Performs financial and operational audits as required and supports internal audit teams as needed.
• Assists the Director Internal Controls & Global Compliance in other areas to include Steering Committee, Board of Directors Audit Committee report and other assignments as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required.
• Certification required: One or more of following certifications - CPA, CIA, and CISA
• Minimum five years professional audit experience, preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firm or with the internal audit department of an automotive or other large manufacturing company.
• Experience working in a multinational company preferred.
• One or more years experience highly preferred with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance assignments including evaluation and testing of internal financial controls and business processes.
• Knowledge of COSO and COBIT is a plus.
• SAP, Hyperion, HFM, , Teammate system experience are pluses.
• Foreign language skills a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 50% both domestic and international, including weekends.
• May be called upon to work weekends and holidays.