Field Technician I at TransCore LP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Technician to join our team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Job Description: The Field Technician will perform on-site servicing, repair and/or installation of toll systems. This job may include any aspect of field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment to include PC based computers, video surveillance equipment, network communications equipment, and/or radio equipment.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Restores equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
- Module or PC Board swap out
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Field test of units or components
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following guidelines set forth to do so
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Two year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience with servicing of electronic and/or electromechanical systems or equipment
- Working knowledge of practical electronic theory, mathematics, VOM, DVM, basic hand tools, basic electronic tools, basic machine tools, schematics, and rough sketches.
- Working knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials utilized within the electronic and mechanical trades.
- Knowledge of advanced electronic circuitry with experience in microprocessor controlled equipment
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, construction and assembly drawings
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Able to calculate materials and supplies required to perform work
- Communicate effectively and provide training and explanation of work performed
- Read and interpret technical manuals
- Able to work rotating on-call schedule.
- Knowledge of company specific production and facilities equipment