Public Safety Officer (Full-Time; Overnights)***Must work weekends at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Polices hospital buildings, grounds and offsite locations to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Works under the direction of the Supervisor and the Manager.
Minimum Job Requirements
- CPR: HeartSaver
- Completion CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) required within 90 days of hire and ongoing.
- Successfully complete the Basic Security Officer Healthcare Training Course (only once) within 1 year of hire..
- Active and clear Florida Driver’s License in the states of Florida with good driving record as approved by Risk - maintained throughout employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Adheres to attendance policy, guidelines, and expectations ensuring proper handoff, coverage for shift, team collaboration, and patient/staff safety.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all customers, patients, and co-workers. Shared department results measured by the customer service survey.
- Escorts visitors, patients, and employees to and from parking areas when needed.
- Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by hospital staff, visitors, physicians, or patients. Writes incident reports and documents investigations.
- Maintains logs/checklists (security call, dispatcher, cameras, doors, etc.).
- Patrols and secures buildings, grounds, and offsite locations. Limits after hour accessibility to hospital and accessibility to those areas designated as sensitive.
- Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
- Responds to calls requiring medical assistance and provides support (Baker acts, restraining patients for medical treatment, etc.).
- Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team including ILSM Rounds/Fire Watch & Decontamination Team (training provided).
- Works in the security control center monitoring fire alarms, security cameras, and dispatching (including maintaining itemized Dispatcher Log- Tyler Software).
- Monitors alarms such as panic alarms, refrigeration alarms, code REDs, etc. and respond in the appropriate timeframes.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Security D license preferred.
- Experience in Security within a hospital setting preferred.
- Experience with customer services within a hospitality industry preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in basic MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.