Medical Lab Technician-PRN at Community Health Systems and Affiliates
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durant, Oklahoma
Medical Lab Technician
About Us: Alliance Health Durant is a 148-bed facility, serving Bryan, Choctaw, Atoka, Johnston and Marshall Counties. Alliance Health Durant offers a full range of medical services and procedures to patients in the region and is one of the largest tax-paying entities in Bryan County with a total economic impact exceeding $85 million.
Our laboratories are dedicated to quality service and patient-centered care.
Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology - The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics - Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology - The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics - DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology - The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
Description: Performs manual and automated routine blood tests. Prepares specimens for microscope examination. Operates laboratory equipment including centrifuges, dry bath incubators, and blood bank refrigerators. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to supervisor or manager.
Education: Requires graduation from an accredited MLT program and passing a national exam given by the Board of Registry of the American Society for Clinical Pathology
Experience/Abilities: 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in Clinical Laboratory.
Certifications: Passing a national exam given by the Board of Registry of the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.