Executive Coordinator, Urban Planning and Design at Harvard University
Posted in Professional Services 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as main assistant for Urban Planning and Design chair, providing a wide range of high-level administrative support with accuracy, discretion, and good judgment.
- Responsibilities include coordinating visas, tracking and maintaining information for chair pertaining to guest lecturers, courses, publications, lectures, etc. Schedules all appointments and maintains daily calendars coordinates travel arrangements as needed for both chair and guests as required tracks and keeps chair's memberships current; composes, prepares and proofreads correspondence, announcements, reports, and agendas on behalf of the chair for alumnae, students, recommendation letters, etc.
- Monitors chair's email as requested, reviewing, prioritizing, and distributing all correspondence to the appropriate individuals monitors replies and informs chair of items requiring attention
- Coordinates monthly UPD department meetings: drafts agenda for chair, books rooms, orders catering, prepares materials, and assists with meeting execution and logistics as needed (such as with presentations), and generates and disseminates department meeting agendas and logistics.
- Processes reimbursements and pcard receipts; reconciles chair's corporate card on a monthly basis via Concur. Works with chair, department administrator and Academic Programs Business Office to track discretionary spending and department budgets.
- Works frequently with academic services department staff and other departments in the GSD to coordinate and execute department and School-wide tasks, including studio lottery, search committee meetings, pre-term workshops, orientation, open houses, welcome receptions, end of year celebrations, and commencement, as well as other ad hoc or special events and initiatives.
- Coordinates Final Review logistics for UPD department, including invitations/confirmations, travel, schedules, catering, and tracking studio budgets in conjunction with studio instructors and the Academic Business Programs Office.
- Coordinates student and external awards and prizes, including advertising, maintaining websites, serving as prize administrator/point person, coordinating information sessions and post-award requirements.
- Disseminates department information to students and/or faculty; creates and updates resource pages on the GSD website.
- Assists Department Administrator with onboarding visiting faculty and tracking visitor information; maintains faculty bios on the School website.
- Coordinates logistics and promotes department events, including public and department lectures and workshops.
- Coordinates departmental and course bus trips; collects travel waivers for all studio travel.
- Serves as point person for UPD faculty and visiting faculty in relation to School/University systems and databases. Assists faculty to administer and become familiar with their course Canvas pages, Concur, and other systems. Provides data from these systems to the Department Administrator and Program Coordinator for accreditation purposes.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years' administrative support experience in a high-level environment required, with demonstrated experience in office administration and customer service.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with complex travel arrangements and visas.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.