Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charles City, Iowa
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent with clinical nursing guidelines
* Facilitate Workers Compensation, ADA requests, and assist in the interactive process for short/long term disability cases, including FMLA
* Guide and direct all referrals to outside healthcare providers and services as needed
* Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations
* Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment, and programs related to occupational health services
* Provide or manage the required physical evaluation programs and services to meet regulatory requirement; such as OSHA, Department of Transportation, CDC, etc.
* Assess healthcare needs, then implement and manage healthcare programs to improve health and facilitate return to work, maintain OSHA records/ reports and worker medical files
* Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty
* Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety, Operations, and Human Resources to develop operations, programs, and services by providing content expertise.
* Contribute in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
* Identify primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of the population.
* Administer job related vaccinations per standing protocols
* Member of Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) and participate in trainings. If applicable will have oversight and management of MERT
* Provide orientation of clinic services to new colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
* Active and in good standing state nursing license as a registered nurse
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Occupational Health experience
* Certification in occupational health nursing or case management preferred
* Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety
* Proficient in the use of electronic medical record keeping systems
* BLS certified
* Certified in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)
* NIOSH approved spirometry training
* Training in PPD testing/reading
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.