Data Analyst_Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska at Sawdey Solution Services
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ft Richardson, Alaska
Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., an ISO 9001 certified company, provides innovative strategic and technical planning, information technology, acquisition, integration, knowledge management, logistics and program management to the Federal Government... far exceeding customer expectations. Based in Dayton, Ohio since 2001, Sawdey Solution Services is a Woman Owned/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business; certified by the Small Business Administration as a Small Disadvantaged Business.
We are seeking a Data Analyst for 673 Medical Group (673 MDG) at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska.
The will provide analysis and continuity to maximize efficiency of 673 MDG and serve as a in the Resource Management Flight with primary responsibilities associated with 673 MDG.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: * Provide data to help develop systems and processes that will allow both organizations to collaborate together on staffing requirements.
* Apply basic data gathering methods, such as standard interviewing or surveying techniques, to collect various types of factual information.
* Apply knowledge of the standardized processes and procedures for evaluating management or program operations to perform duties such as planning the steps to take to complete assignments; identifying problems from collected data, and selecting solutions from alternatives in guidelines and precedent cases.
* Plans and carries out the successive steps of management or program analysis technical projects and assignments and handles problems an deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices.
* Independently determine the types and sources of management or program information required for reports, the nature and extent of deviations from established management or program requirements, and whether standard data gathering techniques are appropriate for assignments.
* Monitor changes in billing rates of various fees schedules to ensure billing software is up-to-date with the most current fee schedules.
* Create billing spreadsheets in excel and prepare reports reflecting the entries are accurate and balance with the monthly summary excel document.
* Process billing claims according to 673 MDG billing protocol and Joint Venture Sharing Agreement.
* Review bills and diagnostic coding to assure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements; identify deficiencies such as omissions and the incorrect use of medical terminology; and correct records as necessary.
* Code, review, analyze a variety of medical records and diagnoses, consulting with lead coder and providers to ensure records are correct and complete; sequence multiple diagnosis codes are primary and secondary and identifies that all charges and coding are consistent with patients diagnosis and type of care.
* Ensure all VA patient record documents are present for review in Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) for health care services provided and billed through 673 MDG.
Provide clinical results when information is not available in CPRS and for all outpatient specialty clinics, pathology and radiology.
* Build computer files for ICD-10 and CPT codes and enters current information into billing spreadsheets.
* Develop processes and compiles data from pertinent records and provide information to DoD administration to assist in special studies or projects.
* Maintain and reconcile accounts, prepare reports and statements, analyze accounts and follow-up on delinquent accounts.
* Maintain fee schedule and update spreadsheets to reflect current Champus Maximum Allowable Charge (CMAC) pricing.
* Perform necessary research and document correctly to determine whether the patient should be billed as a retiree or veteran beneficiary.
* Three (3) years medical billing and/or medical coding experience.
* Associate s degree is desired.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Knowledge of the Right to Privacy Act and other regulating directives on release of information.
* Knowledge of medical records, procedures, regulations, and principles to perform functions such as analysis, processing claims, coding and compiling data.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, laboratory, pathology and radiological studies, and pharmaceuticals in order to accurately analyze medical records and bill accordingly.
* Knowledge of the Joint Venture, DoD Fee Basis processing and payment regulations and applicable contracts preferred.
* Must have ability to research and apply billing guidelines to produce a claim according to the national standards set forth by Center for Medicare Services (CMS).
* Must have comprehensive understanding of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)/Coding and ICS-10 guidelines.
This position supports a US Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with US Citizens.
Sawdey Solution Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.