Events and Communication Coordinator at University of Richmond
Posted in Education 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Richmond, VirginiaJob Description:
The Events and Communication Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive communications strategy for the Human Resources Department, coordinating HR messaging internally and externally in line with the University communications strategy. This position is also responsible for the design and delivery of the departmental social media strategy and for coordinating HR sponsored events.
- Partner with the HR leadership team to develop and implement a unified HR Communication Strategy, integrating all HR functions-benefits, compensation, talent management, etc.
- Consult with HR constituents to promote new HR initiatives. Develop and implement project communication plans, including meeting timelines and managing budget. Write and edit articles, publications, announcements, and web and social media content. Ensure communications are relevant, timely, and impactful.
- Manage and regularly update HR's Facebook page and other social media channels to promote events and share HR-related news and information. Monitor social media comments and information being posted by other parties about HR.
- Work closely with University Communications, Recreation and Wellness, and other departmental communications staff to integrate and promote HR messages with other campus communications. Develop integrated communication plans when necessary.
- Manage HR's website, updating content as needed. Keep abreast of new website features and capabilities.
- Work closely with events staff, planning committees and HR staff to plan and deliver all employee recognition events
- Collaborate with Director of Compensation and Benefits and events staff on event presentations and selection of recognition awards.
- Manage event budgets.
- Foster positive relationships and work cooperatively with committees and advisory groups.
- Provide leadership and direction to University Catering and Events staff.
Other projects as assigned
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of managing Web sites in content management systems such as Cascade
- Basic understanding of web analytics
- Knowledge of best practices for writing for the Web
- Knowledge of best practices for writing for print marketing materials and newsletters
- Detail oriented with demonstrated skills in effectively anticipating and organizing work priorities to meet and manage multiple pending deadlines and priorities
- Excellent written storytelling abilities
- Experience with social networking systems and other Web 2.0 technologies
- Effective presentation skills
- Team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suites
- Basic knowledge of HTML
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in content production for web and print materials
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Pay Grade 6
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation's first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE