Reliability Engineer at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
This role reports directly to the site Director of Operations and will support the continuous growth of the Cleveland site, through the development/ implementation of a machine reliability program. We are looking for someone who can drive performance and lead, while working in a collaborative team atmosphere. As a member of the Cleveland Plant Leadership Team, this person will work with other leaders to set the direction of the site through action planning, development and tracking of KPI's, and the rollout of High Performance Work Systems.
What we offer
- Proactive EHS leadership through field walks, safety audits, and jobsite safety discussions with maintenance/operation and contract personnel.
- Provides Rotating Equipment technical assurance, leadership and decision support to Production and Maintenance Teams for equipment testing, "troubleshooting", routine equipment surveillance, startup activities, and training.
- The expected result is the implementation of permanent solutions to equipment system problems at lowest cost and compliant with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the effort for updating prioritized "Bad Actor" rotating equipment list that poses threat to production and high maintenance cost.
- Lead company efforts in identifying and implementing corrective action needed for this equipment.
- Identify, develop, and/or apply best practices and standards in machinery design, maintenance, and operation and provide support.
- Applies industry specifications and best practice to purchase related equipment. · Supports in Reliability Center Maintenance Analysis and establishes alarms and limits for equipment through Ensure Safe Production work process.
- Development of long range plans for machinery overhauls through performance evaluations on machinery.
- Develop and review scopes for Turn-around repairs and overhauls for special purpose equipment.
- Leads or supports Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations, FMEA solution development, and risk assessments reports with action registry document control management.
- Performs Management of Change reviews to insure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes.
- Applies engineering technology to improve safety and environmental related issues.
- Proactive professional development expected in the Mechanical Engineering field through seminars, conferences, and formal training.
- Examples of topics are: rotor dynamics, stress analysis, machine design, and thermodynamic performance.
- Responsible for support the utilities performance and maintainability.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree or Master's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum six (6) years of Machinery/Mechanical/Electrical equipment / Project experience with a wide variety of Rotating Equipment experience.
- Desired to have experience in plant utilities with direct experience analyzing steam, air, and water systems.
- Proven machinery surveillance and condition monitoring including vibration analysis preferred.
- Machinery performance evaluations - pumps, compressors, Gears, Agitators and cooling towers.
- Knowledgeable in PLC, MES, or DCS including programming and troubleshooting.
- Proven machinery troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Root Cause Analysis tools and techniques.
- Managing repair projects for machinery and components.
- Demonstrated understanding of national and local codes, and standards. (i.e. API, ASME, ASNT, ANSI standards in relation to all areas of machinery inspection and repair). Hands on experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Centrifugal & Reciprocating Compressors, Agitators, Motors, Boilers, Vacuum pumps, Gears, Mechanical Seals & Automated Packaging Lines. Skills Required:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineer Degree preferred.
- Minimum six years Supervisory and project management experience required.
- Team Building and motivational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, SAP, Lotus Notes).
- Leadership qualities.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career