VP Product Family Manager at First Data Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data Global Financial Solutions provides large national and global financial institution clients with a broad range of credit solutions and output services that allow them to facilitate payments for millions of consumer and business customers around the world. GFS solutions include credit and retail private-label card processing, as well as licensed financial software systems, such as our VisionPLUS bank processing platform, and lending solutions. GFS also provides financial institutions with a suite of related services, including card personalization and embossing, statement printing, marketing and referral programs, client service, and remittance processing.
- Involved from conception through end of life for a specific product, product group or product line including product management, product development and business development. PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: Assist in tracking and reporting product performance throughout its lifecycle including product strategy, product planning and issue prioritization. Assist with analysis that drives product pricing and bundling. Draft internal product communication and information. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Manage product development process inclusive of product commercialization tasks required to bring product to market . Assist in driving product development and enhancements including road map and statement of direction development. Monitor customers/prospects for awareness of customer needs and perspectives. Assist in the development of business case to support new product recommendations. Assist in managing issues throughout the process including problem identification, root cause analysis, and client communication.
- Drive product development and enhancements including road map and statement of direction development. Lead peers and dotted line relationships through the project lifecycle to deliver development efforts. Maintain awareness and understanding of customer and market needs. Develop business cases to support new product recommendations. Manage issues throughout the product development process including problem identification, root cause analysis, and stakeholder communication. Act as a primary negotiator between internal departments and clients to resolve issues. Provide relevant product information and expertise to support sales effort. Assist with the education and enrollment of consumers into the new product programs. May perform all supervisory duties inherent in a managerial role.
Scope of Job
Decisions have considerable impact on the end result of the business unit. Frequent contact with internal customers. Occasional contact with external customers.
Works independently under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Individual Contributor. No direct report responsibility.
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. 0- 5 years of product and or project management experience.
- Business Case Justification
- Project Management
- Manage a Matrix Environment
- Competitive Environment
- Solutions Development
- Knowledge of Product Line
- Prod Dev Strategy & Influence
- Product Dev Life Cycle
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.