Coordinator - Social Services BOP at Geo Reentry Services, LLC.
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Casper, WyomingJob Description:
This position assists offenders with transitional programming to include mental health, transitional housing and general counseling needs while developing and coordinating reentry programs to ensure continuity of care for the offender and facilitate services for offenders with special needs. It also provides supervision for case management staff, as well as, serves as Facility Director is the event of his/her absence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns residents to Case Managers so that each resident receives program services defined by contract
- Conducts on-the-job training of case management staff so that staff is able to perform to job standards.
- Provides opportunities to residents to discuss matters of personal nature so they receive the support and feedback necessary to make positive behavioral changes.
- Ensures all required resident individual and group programming mandates are in place per contract.
- Leads peer or lower-classified employees through the assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results and technical instruction or training.
- Provides input to management for the purpose of reviews, salary action, promotion, transfer or disciplinary action; however, this position is not responsible for administering any personnel action. May conduct performance evaluations, which are to be completed on or before the due date
- Responsible for the organization, recruiting, training and supervision of volunteer workers so that contract and ACA standards are being met
- Reviews resident files with case managers monthly to ensure intake paperwork, program plans, weekly meetings and other services are in compliance with the contract
- Assigns duties to case managers in such a way as to ensure that each case manager knows their responsibilities and that they are fully defined.
- Ensures resident employment functions and needs are met including weekly meeting with case managers as to track employment of residents.
- May conduct employment interviews in accordance with company procedures. May either recommend candidates or make final selections as designated by the facility director
- Complies with work rules and policies
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation
- May perform all duties of Case Manager.
- May assume duties and role of facility director in his/her absence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a social or behavioral science program from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years related work experience
- Knowledge of current management techniques
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies
- Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar;
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer