Dispatcher (Batavia, IL) at Ride Right
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Batavia, Illinois
Consider a Career at Ride Right
Ride Right is made up of people who share a passion for making a positive impact in your community and beyond. Our culture promotes healthy living, excellent work-home life balance, and career advancement opportunities. Ride Right is a fun place to work, where individuality is encouraged and hard work is rewarded. Our employees come from a broad range of backgrounds and roles, from our General Managers and Operations Staff, to our drivers and monitors: all who are working together to make a difference!
The Dispatcher works to direct the day-to-day route and trip operations. Assists with organizing and conducting activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance, tracks and reports sign-in/sign-out times, assure routes are timely, and communicate service issues to the appropriate personnel. This work is done in compliance with the procedures defined by the client and in conformance with company procedures, which involves daily communication and interaction with drivers and monitors (as applicable).
This position is located at our office in Batavia, IL.
- Assist with all phone call information and dispatching rides
- Organize and route trips based on schedule and location to ensure optimal performance
- Provide assistance to drivers for directions to destinations
- Assist drivers and transportation providers with problems or issues relating to scheduling
- Establish and maintain effective communication with transportation providers
- Report and record all incidents to the applicable manager
- Document and report provider no shows or on-time-performance issues
- Inform transportation providers of their next-days trips and any new trips that occur
- Monitor radio, GPS, telephones and on-road provision of service for quality
- Record time of departure, destination, and expected time of return
- Provide feedback on drivers’ performance
- Monitors and completes drivers sign-in and sign-out daily
- Assing trips to drivers to assure adequate disbursement of trips between all assinged routes
- Responsible for influencing positive employee moral and quality customer service
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- 2+ years in transportation routing, dispatching, and scheduling expertise preferred
- 1 year experience working with the applicable transit scheduling system preferred
- Knowledge of GPS and GIS systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to timeliness and details
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Must be able to demonstrate effective use of scheduling software, two-way radio communication and data analysis skills
- Skills in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Regular attendance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ride Right, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Ride Right, LLC considers qualified candidates with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, State, and Federal law. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact People & Culture at (888) 409-6879 or email@example.com.