Legal Assistant/Corporate Paralegal at The Manitowoc Company Inc
Posted in Legal 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Have you been looking for the chance to use your legal expertise to make a real difference in an organization? Then look no further – your new career as a Legal Assistant/Corporate Paralegal awaits you at The Manitowoc Company, Inc.*
The Legal Assistant/Corporate Paralegal will support the Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary. The person in this role will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and independently, exercise the necessary judgment to assess and appropriately react to situations that require a quick turnaround. This job will require independent judgment, discretion and analysis involving situations with access to highly confidential and complex information. The person in this role must be able to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization (including Board members and other executive officers), ensure the confidentiality of extremely sensitive information, and have a positive and professional appearance and demeanor. This position will be located at our Milwaukee Wisconsin office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor all time-bound commitments for the Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary.
- Review and approves commercial contracts.
Produce documents, correspondence, reports and presentations as required.
- Prepare drafts of annual meeting minutes and resolutions for various legal entities.
- Maintain up-to-date corporate minute books for global legal entities.
- Conduct annual maintenance activities for each business entity.
- Maintain up-to-date database/listing of global corporate entity records, director and officer information and entity organization charts.
Prepare Section 16 filings and manage reporting and recordkeeping using Schwab’s web-based tool.
Manage and use e-billing system (Serengeti) for legal bills from outside law firms and ensure timely payment of legal bills.
- Assist in the preparation and collection of information needed for preparation of the proxy statement.
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures to enhance and ensure compliance with various legal requirements
- Prepare meeting materials for board and committee meetings.
Assist Board members with inquires and assist in meeting scheduling.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of online board portal and uploading all materials.
- Organize and maintain legal files and records.
- Process expense reports using Certify.
- Liaise with outside counsel, other members of the senior management and the board of directors, vendors, and the public.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.
- Extremely strong attention to detail in a busy and changing work environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, PowerPoint, Certify Nasdaq's Directors Desk and Outlook software.
- Excellent time management skills, including managing multiple priorities with flexibility in shifting focus and priority as business needs change.
- Ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking, including ability to resolve problems creatively and offer alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies, paralegal certificate or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and or experience.
- Previous corporate law department experience and/or large law firm litigation experience is required.
- Extensive experience handling highly sensitive information and managing many and varied projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication, reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and skill working in a team environment and coordinating workloads
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet aggressive and time-sensitive deadlines
- Proactive, highly organized and detail-oriented
*Manitowoc is a standalone cranes business, creating market leading lifting solutions and manufacturing a range of innovative products and unparalleled product support services. Manitowoc’s strong brand signals our industry leadership, provides a competitive edge, and builds on our reputation for excellence. Since 1902, the vision of Manitowoc’s founding fathers have made Manitowoc a strong, respected global organization throughout the world. Today, The Manitowoc Way culture promotes innovation and velocity to better compete in an ever changing world and we are poised for success in the crane industry for many years to come. Whether lifting solutions require crawler, boom, telescoping, or tower cranes, Manitowoc’s ingenuity will be there to Build Something Real for its customers, investors, employees, and partners.