Pediatric Staff Nurse - Full time - Hartford at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC)
Posted in Health Care 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC)
Job ID 2016-5616
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-CT-Hartford
Posted Date 6/19/2017
More information about this job:
Outstanding healthcare opportunity
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 145,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients-and our communities-healthy. We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology. We use the latest treatments and technologies within the Patient-Centered Medical Home Model (PCMH) to care for our growing patient base.
As a Staff Nurse for Community Health Center, you will:
Have the opportunity to work on an extremely effective clinical team
Develop strong collegial relationships among medical staff
Receive outstanding practice management support
Be a part of the Community Health Center team that is committed to innovation and quality of work life
Work in a friendly, team atmosphere
Current Connecticut RN license
Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
Commitment to community health populations
Outpatient Primary Care experience preferred
Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Polish a plus.
Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403B plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
Full Time - Pediatric Staff Nurse - Hartford
The Pediatric Staff Nurse provides high quality, comprehensive, professional nursing primary nursing care to individuals and families throughout the lifespan. As part of a clinical team, the RN works at the top of his or her licensure to enhance the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of care through both the performance of professional nursing responsibilities and the delegation of technical and clerical functions as appropriate to medical assistants. Provides patients with both general and focused health education regarding preventive, chronic, and episodic health care issues. Assumes responsibility, in collaboration with primary care providers to coordinate care, support transitions between levels of care, and counsel, educate, and support patients in improving health status. Applies principles of advanced access, planned care and the chronic care model, and rapid cycle performance improvement using the PDSA approach at CHCI.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support primary care of pediatric patients under planned care model, including pre-visit planning, daily huddles, and execution of nurse-led and nurse-assisted visits.
- Collaborates with PCP to identify needs for preventive care, evidence based chronic disease care, and care coordination.
- Provides general and specific health care education during patient visits and by telephone.
- Works with patients to identify and monitor self-management goals.
- Collaborates and coordinates care with other community based providers.
- Follows up on emergency room visits and hospital discharges.
- Assists providers with exams, treatments, and procedures as needed.
- Ensures safe, accurate, clinically appropriate collection, storage, and processing of all biologic specimens.
- Administers medications, including immunizations, at the order of prescribing provider and under standing orders as established by CHCI.
- Adheres to CHC protocols regarding documentation of medication, route, dosage, and information provided to patient.
- Monitors patient response to medication based on specific medication administered; detects, reports, and responds to any adverse reaction. Reconciles medications. Provides patient education as appropriate to the administered medication.
- Performs wide range of nursing activities as needed and after initial prescription by primary care provider such as wound care, catheterization, etc.
- Accurately documents all aspects of patient care in the medical chart on a timely basis.
- Schedules tests and referrals for specialty care on order of provider.
- Maintains strict infection control standards in accord with CHCI protocols and universal precautions TJC, OSHA and CLIA standards.
- Acts as a resource person for medical assistants regarding patient preparation, needs and procedures needed.
- Monitors and ensures follow up of all abnormal pap smear results, STDs, lead screens and other tests and screens performed at CHCI.
- Oversees the maintenance of supplies and equipment, ordering supplies as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with agency mandatory annual training (Patient Safety, Abuse, Age Based Competencies, EOC, Abuse trainings, etc.)
- Expert use of electronic health record to ensure timely, safe, confidential storage and retrieval of patient information.
- NOTE: Pediatric nursing experience is preferred for this position
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)
Registered Nurse - State of Connecticut
CPR - American Red Cross or American Heart Association
Basic Computer Skills
Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
If you experience any technical difficulties with this webpage, please contact the Human Resources Department at 203/237-2229 ext. 6882.