Label Coordinator at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jackson Center, Ohio
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Label Coordinator/Material Handler is responsible for the moving and storage of finished goods and raw materials. As well as being responsible for loading product for customer orders.
- Safe operation of tow motor, clamp fork lift, straight fork lift, label lift, or floor jack in both warehouse and production areas
- Scanning of materials and data entry when required
- Supply production lines in timely manner
- Run scrap reports as needed
- Consolidate label supplies as needed
- Assures Stock Rotation (FIFO) system is followed
- Visually inspect raw materials for damage, contamination, or discoloration
- Collect resin samples form rail cars and bulk trucks
- Correct and accurate completion of assigned paperwork
- Adhere to all BOS and SAP standards and activities
- Document incoming shipments and movements as required
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain housekeeping and GMP standards.
- Attend all required training sessions and weekly team meetings
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with Production, Quality, and Group Leaders.
- Other jobs as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior tow motor or heavy equipment experience.
- Basic math and reading skills
- Basic computer and scanner skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand throughout entire shift.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good eye and hand coordination.
- Effective communication skills.