SAP Process Improvement and Automation Engineer (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking an SAP Process Improvement & Automation Engineer for 3M Corporate IT located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of SAP Process Improvement & Automation Engineer will be responsible for applying Continuous Delivery, Lean and Agile concepts to the end-to-end ERP delivery and deployment process. You will work with the PMO, technical release management, transport management, compliance, development/configuration, testing/QA, Basis, infrastructure, operations, architecture, etc. to identify and drive the execution of improvements that enable us to build, test, and release software more securely, quickly, frequently and reliably. Where possible, we will automate manual/repetitive tasks to minimize the time that it takes to complete the task as well as minimize the potential for defects.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete value stream mapping of current processes, activities, and bottlenecks in the current production delivery cycle
- Work with key stakeholders to actively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes; build a prioritized backlog of opportunities
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
- Automate where feasible
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships and communication channels with PMO, development, test, compliance, security, architecture, infrastructure and operations teams
- Collaborate with the Lean Agile and Continuous Delivery teams to maintain alignment and consistency as well as greater learning across the organization
- Own/coach/support any SAP CICD tools that are identified and implemented as part of the process
- Onboard and coach teams to new processes/tools; provide ongoing support to ensure adoption
- Learn about and be an advocate for Lean Agile Continuous Delivery adoption, and promote a collaborative environment and culture
- This role will likely evolve over time as our processes change, so flexibility and ability to adapt are critical
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in Software Development, Infrastructure, and/or Operations
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in SAP
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or IT discipline from an accredited university
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Passionate about technology and is committed to continuing professional development
- Ability to design and apply creative solutions
- Experience with process improvement approaches (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Experience with ABAP, ChaRM, and SAP Solution Manager
- Experience across IT functions is a plus (e.g. development, infrastructure, security, quality, operations)
- Understanding and ability to work with on prem and cloud hosting platforms
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals
- Able to articulate and support your opinions/stance, but also able to listen and be flexible
- Thrives on ambiguity
- Knowledge of Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps concepts and practices is a plus
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic and/or international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.