Category Merchandiser I/II - Meat - Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Sales 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
The position of Category Merchandiser will be responsible for retail merchandising decisions and execution. Retail merchandising decisions and communications will include ad item play, retail pricing, promotional reflect window and ad/promotional forecast adjustments. Retail communications include Buyers' Fair/Quarterly promotional survey production. Additional responsibilities include managing retailer participation and signups on corporate programs and automatic distribution programs. This position is responsible for working with Shelf Management to timely plan-o-gram execution and to ensure retail category compliance. The end result of these communications is to increase retail participation and execution on promotions and category management initiatives, which will improve retail sales and retail profits.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage communication to retail of all promotional programs and category management initiatives developed by HO Merchandising & supervise Category Merchandiser Assistant.
- Communicate and educate “field” sales staff on all corporate programs including merchandising strategies such as Center Store and KVI pricing.
- Manage BIV and Sell 1, New Item Communication to retail, & ValuNet communications to retail.
- Determine reflect window for CMAP promotions and facilitate the input of these promotions through the Region CMA.
- Participate in Ad Group conference calls, Ad advisory committees, etc. Liaison to provide retailer feedback to HO Merchandising on all advertising issues.
- Meets with Key Accounts on program participation, Ad/Promotional forecast adjustments.
- EMS Ad entries and EMS ad play and SRP determination.
- Sign up retailers and maintain a list of independent retailers supporting automatic distribution programs.
- Regional Advertising communication, coordination and feedback, & communicate local broker issues to HO Merchandising.
- Determine inventory needs for category blitzes based on 3rd party schedule and input forecast adjustments as necessary.
- Evaluate and react to 3rd party reports regarding plan-o-gram compliance for independent retailers on the category management program. Addresses issue with retailers and provide feedback as applicable to HO Merchandising.
- Handling of downstream warehouse issues including billing, returns, lost sales, DRC coordination (i.e., continuities, product recalls, aged and discontinued product, retail inventory returns negotiated by Category/Promotion Manager.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Retail and/or vendor experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of SUPERVALU’s Buying system
- Solid negotiating skills
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience, with work processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.