Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
This role will be part of the Business Operations and Supply Chain (BOSC) Communications team and be responsible for leading communications in two (or more) of the sub-functions of BOSC, which include Supply Chain Planning; Strategic Sourcing & Procurement; Plant Operations; Transportation & Logistics; Research & Development; Environment, Health & Safety; and Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory.
This role will work closely with the leadership team of the assigned sub-functions to develop a strategic communications plan based on business need. Central to the role is the strategic planning and execution for internal communications efforts that align leaders and employees within and outside of BOSC with the future direction of BOSC. This role will also be responsible for executing change-management communications in support of high-impact projects, and advising and assisting leaders with executive messaging in support of effective team engagement and external thought leadership.
This role will also lead efforts to advance the maturity of the BOSC Communications Team, as assigned.
60% - Job family and stakeholder communication:
• Develop overarching communications strategies for assigned BOSC sub-functions based on business need, designed to engage, align, inspire and recognize.
• Create core communication pieces, including stump speeches.
• Create ongoing communications that not only rally employees around not only the priorities of their function, but demonstrate the connections to BOSC’s purpose and strategy.
• Manage and enhance/optimize job family communication channels (Town Halls, intranet, newsletters, videos, etc.).
• Lead storymining for assigned functions and pitch stories to company and BOSC channels. Demonstrate concrete examples of progress through a compelling, comprehensive, and engaging storytelling campaign.
30% - Change communication: Develop and execute communication plans in support of high-priority initiatives involving significant stakeholder change or risk potential. Analyze stakeholders and organizational maturity, develop project strategy, create messaging and communications assets, and implement across channels – including partnering with others in Communications to customize/implement in their business areas.
10% - Executive communications and thought leadership: Create message platforms and positioning plans for assigned members of the BOSC executive leadership team around key thought-leadership topics for Cargill. Create presentations for leaders and provide presentation coaching.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
• 4-year degree
• 5 or more years of experience in corporate or internal communications.
Additional Required Skills
• Demonstrated excellence in internal communications and change.
• Ability to manage through ambiguity and create engaging narratives that move the organization forward.
• Strategic planner who can translate high-level corporate strategy and vision into detailed communication plans and campaign.
• Proven C-suite coach who can influence, align through clear arguments and supporting points, and prepare executives for variety of internal speaking engagements.
• Strong relationship manager.
• Impeccable writing, attention to detail and communication skills.
• Experience in matrixed organizations
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism or related field.
• Experience manageing multiple, high-profile projects simultaneously
• Change management experience.
• Knowledge of integrated supply chains or Research/Development and Innovation functions.