Crusher Laborer - United Companies, Gypsum at Oldcastle SW Group, Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gypsum, Colorado
Postal/Zip Code: 81637
United Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The General Laborer is responsible for safely performing a variety of construction duties to assist the highway, utility, grade crews or at various on-site plant locations. This position involves various manual tasks. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
This position may require frequent travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs machinery maintenance and repairs. Unplugs and shovels off conveyors and screens. Changes out screens, rollers, cone liners, etc. Repairs conveyor problems. Greases moving machine parts.
- Performs crusher machinery set up and take down which includes running cables and hoses, setting up blocks, assembling/disassembling machinery, operating skidsteer to move parts, tarping, shoveling aggregate, etc.
- Keeps crusher machinery area clean of debris and shovels aggregate.
- Operates equipment to include skidsteer (and loader if trained). Moves excess materials from around the crusher machinery.
- Uses various equipment, hand and power tools.
- Picks up and/or delivers construction materials at job site locations.
- Performs job site clean-up
- Assists with flagging and traffic control as needed.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred. Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic Math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard Driver’s License is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
May be subject to drug testing and physical agilities testing.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
United Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
United Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.