Principal Hardware Engineer at Flex
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hollis, New Hampshire
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionFarm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people’s lives. At Farm, you’ll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world’s healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern, NH, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The Principal Hardware Engineer will be based in Hollis, New Hampshire. The successful candidate will develop electronic sub-systems, integrate them into custom electro-mechanical systems.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop innovative product concepts with project teams.
- Create electrical and electro-mechanical architectures in support of system requirements.
- Test electronics system prototypes.
- Manage outside suppliers for electrical engineering services including design and PCB layout.
- Author documentation compliant to relevant standards for client medical device development programs.
- Provide accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelors or master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 10+ years overall experience in product development, specifically in electrical hardware and systems integration.
- 5+ years of technical leadership on electronics design projects.
- Ability to architect electrical systems, understand software integration, manage interdisciplinary tradeoffs to achieve overall product goals, and give technical guidance to the electrical engineering team.
- Experience with Microprocessor selection and sizing
- Analog and Digital circuit design
- Deep understanding of medical device design.
- Experience managing electronics development programs from concept to manufacturing
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Product development firm or design consultancy experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of wireless communication, embedded software/firmware, system architecture
- Experience with relevant regulatory and agency requirements (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 60601-1, IEC 61010-1, IEC 62304, FDA submissions, etc.).
- Experience working with robotics or motor control
- Ability to work cross functionally when needed.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.