Knuckle Boom Operator - Pageland, SC at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pageland, South Carolina
Job ID: 124887
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Loading and moving materials within the yard for a mulch and soil manufacturer. High activity, will require availability to work overtime hours as needed. Fast –paced operation.
Essential Skills and Expertise
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Unload truck at site –involves lifting of heavy shingles
- Guide helper to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day
- MUST be able to operate a knuckle boom
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.