Residential Loan Officer – CRA, St. Paul at Associated Bank
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Responsible for the origination of regulatory compliant residential loan applications, particularly for low and moderate income borrowers and in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas, by developing client referral sources including realtors, homebuyer counseling agencies, builders, and branch bankers. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs and matching their needs with product selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank. Monitor the expedient processing of loan applications through regular contact with loan processors and manage the loan pipeline. Participate in community organizations with the goal of increasing CRA visibility for Associated Bank and making loans to low and moderate income borrowers.
This position requires a credit check per 12 CFR Chapter X, Part 1026, Truth in Lending, Regulation Z.
Responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying and matching customer needs throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Regulation and Compliance
New business development
Sales and activity tracking
• Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business lines of business who can best meet those needs.
• Promote the Bank's loan programs in the community through regular contact with real estate brokers/builders, and other centers of influence who can make client referrals.
• Follow up on leads generated by personal effort, regular contact from within the industry, call-in/walk-in inquiries, in addition to the support enhancements from Bank advertising, and direct mail efforts.
• Conduct loan pre-qualification interview and recommend the most appropriate available loan programs, based on a pre-qualification interview. Maintain a file of loan leads that do not immediately result in a formal application. Follow up on leads regularly until they apply for a loan with the Bank, apply for a loan with another lender, or withdraw from the mortgage market.
• Accept residential mortgage loan applications from customers. Review applications for regulatory compliance with Bank, industry, and agency guidelines. Notify in a timely manner those applicants who do not qualify. Begin the processing of qualified applications as quickly as possible. Monitor the processing of the loan in accordance with Bank policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirments.
• Conduct all mortgage loan solicitation, origination, processing, and closing within the regulations of ECOA, RESPA, and other regulatory body requirements now in effect and those in the future, as they become effective.
• Active solicitation and origination of mortgage loan programs to low to moderate targeted areas, and low to moderate income individuals. You will serve as the liaison to local, state, and federal government agencies, as well as not for profit community development groups.
• Cross-sell other Bank products and services to established cross-sale targets including checking accounts, savings accounts, home equity loans/lines, and mortgage life & disability insurance.
• Prepare records and reports as requested regarding loan solicitation, origination, and closing activities.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Finance, economics, real estate, or other business related field
Required Experience: 2-4 years Residential loan processing or origination experience with a financial institution or mortgage banking company.
Preferred Experience: 4-7 years Residential loan origination experience with a financial institution or mortgage banking company
Special Skill Requirements:
Computer Systems (specify) Proficiency with typewriter, financial calculator, Bank data processing system, and personal computer.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines