Managing Director - Water Quality at Cargill
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Position Purpose & Summary
The Managing Director - Water Quality is responsible for creating the Water Quality vision and strategy that aligns with Cargill Salt Group’s overall strategy and achieves its purpose of nourishing, enhancing, and protecting lives. The Managing Director - Water Quality is responsible for achieving the profitability and revenue goals of the Water Quality business. The position is accountable for developing sales strategies that will grow the core business and realize new opportunities within the Water Quality market, drive strategic account and account relationships and serve as a conduit to taking new products and services to market.
The Managing Director - Water Quality will serve as a member of the Cargill Salt Group Leadership Team. As such, the position works in partnership with other members of the CSGLT to enable execution of the Group’s strategy and business plans.
50% Sales and Business Coordination:
- Establishes and defines high-level priorities in order to achieve/exceed revenue and profitability objectives
- Stays current with megatrends and changes in consumer behavior so that Water Quality continues to stay competitive and win market share
- Identifies and develops, in coordination with key account managers, key accounts to target and introduce the Water Quality products and services
- Oversees the activities of the Sales Leads in achieving the targets; works closely with sales and account managers in select accounts to drive growth
- Promotes a culture of driving best in class customer experience management in keeping with the competency development plans of the Group
- Ensures coordination between Sales Leads and Tech Services & Applications Lead to facilitate knowledge transfer to the sales teams on consumer insights
- Oversees the activities of the Business Manager to ensure development of strategies, prioritization of initiatives, coordination across all Markets and BOSC organization in line with the overall plans of the Group
- Builds and strengthens customer relationships to meet/exceed sales and profitability goals
- Partners with Managing Director - Growth Ventures to manage Water Quality’s innovation pipeline
- Promotes integration and coordination across Growth Ventures to discover new opportunities within the Water Quality market and scale new ideas into high growth and successful offerings
- Partners with Growth Ventures Lead to manage any M&A expansion plans
- Monitors goals against budgets, scorecards, business plans to measure success and drive results
30% Strategy & Vision:
- Shapes the vision, goals, and long-term strategic direction for the Water Quality market in alignment with the broader Cargill Salt Group strategy
- Formulates the Water Quality vision, short and long term strategy, budgets, policies and in alignment with Cargill Salt Group’s strategy and achieve its profitability goals
- Sets and refreshes priorities and measurable goals for growth on an annual basis in consultation with the Cargill Salt Group
- Accountable for delivering the goals and financials of the function in order to meet the targets of the Cargill Salt Group
- Accountable for driving market share in the Water Quality business
- Grows the Water Quality’s core business and the development of innovative products and services within the Water Quality market
20% People Management:
- Provides employees with a work environment that is open and conducive to high performance, personal development and career growth and in line with the cultural attributes of the Salt Group.
- Assess the performance of direct reportees, provide feedback and coaching; review and ensure robust development plans, with a view to enhancing the overall talent pipeline for the Salt Group.
- Oversees recruitment, coaching, and development of the team (direct and indirect) building leadership and technical capabilities.
- Leads team resources and budgets, and provides vision for the development of compelling long term value propositions
- Drives a culture that supports deliberate, data-driven risk-taking, “blue sky” thinking, and anticipatory execution
- Promotes communication, alignment, coordination, and collaboration across Cargill Salt Group
- 15+ years of business experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in successfully managing a business P&L
- Prior experience engaging and leading teams involved in strategy creation and implementation
- Ability to motivate people, drive accountability and achieve results
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven track record of developing leadership and technical capabilities in others and building successors for the future
- Strategic thinker with sound financial acumen and understanding of competitive economics
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and organization skills
- Collaboration mindset, able to build trust and work through conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and make decisions that impact business results and maximize profitability
- Systems thinking, ability to envision end to end and see interdependencies
- Experience being an active change leader
- Agility to adapt to changing business requirements and market opportunities
- Optimizer / Builder mindset
- Experience in a variety of different industries, including both mature and growth, emerging businesses.
- Retail experience