Associate Editor, Prevention.com & Netdoctor.co.uk at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Hearst Digital Media is looking for a full-time Associate Digital Editor with an enthusiasm for all things wellness to support two of its leading health-focused digital brands: Prevention.com and NetDoctor.co.uk.
Reporting to the Digital Director, the ideal candidate should be a smart content packager open to trying new things, quick to think on his or her feet and sniff out B.S. health info, and clued into how both health enthusiasts and average Janes and Joes use search, social media platforms, apps and more to engage with our brands.
Ideal candidates will be a social media-obsessed editor, who is able to craft health-focused personal stories and advice-driven service pieces in clear and creative ways that help us grow our audience base and create conversation.
This position is based in New York and is a digital-only role.
- Pitch and write daily news and service content for Prevention.com across all the site's key health and wellness verticals; assign and top-edit freelance or other staff-written pieces, as needed
- Oversee and execute all automated social posting to Prevention and Netdoctor’s Facebook and Twitter channels; optimize social posts and new stories on site with social-first headlines, descriptions and photos as needed; develop and maintain Prevention’s daily Instagram feed with a creative voice that drives engagement
- Follow what’s trending and share related news as it happens with editors, brainstorming how the brand(s) can cover a developing story in its own way
- Work with central video teams to pitch social-first video content that will drive engaged views and shares
- Work with other site editors and central ecommerce team to develop social-first stories that help our readers find and buy the things they need
- Manage partnerships with outside brands and influencers to both create and promote new content
- At least 2 years’ experience working for a digital media publishing brand, ideally in the healthy living/wellness space
- Strong skills in digital news tracking, optimizing content for SEO and using a CMS
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other audience tracking platforms
- Extensive knowledge of major social media platforms; familiarity with Facebook Insights, Crowdtangle and Shareablee is a plus
- Experience with creating or editing photos and/or videos in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Premiere
- A passion for online trends and the ability to quickly create enticing site and social copy for posts and videos
- Strong writing skills