Procurement Department Specialist II - Seattle Area (Tacoma, WA) at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tacoma, Washington
The Department Specialist position is responsible for completing a variety of specialized duties that support functional operations. The duties in the department specialist job family focus on tasks and/or work that are unique to the Procurement department and require knowledge and skills that are beyond what are required for general office work.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creates and maintains complex reports. Updates information and reports typically on the computer.
- Collects data/information for department use in special projects or reports. Reviews data and makes decisions within well-defined guidelines, parameters, and instruction.
- Examines and prioritizes documents to determine work to be completed or best course of action.
- Compiles minor statistical data and checks information for accuracy.
- Answers department phones as needed and routes to appropriate area.
- Sorts, files, and maintains invoices, receipts, contracts, or other special department documents.
- Makes and checks routine one- and two-step math calculations.
- Completes keyboarding projects such as preparing correspondence and mailings.
- Coordinates special programs or events.
- Keyboarding proficiency and computer skills with word processing and spreadsheet software required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reading, writing, and communication skills at a proficient level.
- Math skills at a proficient level.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instruction.
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.