Buyer Associate - Seattle Area (Tacoma, WA) at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tacoma, Washington
The Buyer Associate is responsible for supporting the inventory management function by performing tasks for the Product Development Manager and Inventory Management Specialist. This individual provides inventory management support assistance, performs basic functions to support business unit activities, interacts with customers, sales, and vendors, operates wholesale systems, learns profitable inventory management practices, and performs backup responsibilities when the Inventory Management Specialist is absent.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Supports Inventory Management Specialist(s) with day to day tasks of purchasing products that meet the price and needs of the company. Assists in the monitoring of inventory to assure product is available and meets required freshness dates.
- Inputs promotions, list price changes, item elements, and other entries into various distribution and buying systems. Audits entry data for accuracy.
- Tracks firm orders and timely receipt of product and ensures shipping is on time and at the right price.
- Ensures on-time product delivery and accurate product acquisition cost and sell.
- Performs tasks related to new item and new vendor set-up.
- Assists with the development of marketing and show materials.
- Answers questions from customers, sales team, and vendors regarding items and promotional information.
- Takes orders from retailers, sales, and vendors then processes appropriately.
- Interacts with distribution center personnel and other departments on a variety of issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or closely related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in retail or grocery beneficial.
- Proficient working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Access and/or Visio a plus.
- Interest in developing business with unique food and related products.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate effectively (verbal and written). Excellent presentation skills, problem-solving skills, and high numerical aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, high-energy, quick learner, strong systems aptitude, and ability to perform detailed work quickly and accurately.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.