Freelance Technical Designer at Perry Ellis International Inc.
Posted in Art 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Freelance Technical Designer
Perry Ellis International is seeking a Freelance Technical Designer for an assignment 2 - 6 months in duration. This is a full-time/Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm opportunity. Under the supervision of the main Technical Designer, the Freelance Assistant Technical Designer creates and maintains all technical specifications from 1 st proto to production. The Freelance Assistant Technical Designer is also responsible for maintaining appropriate fit and construction for 1 st proto to production.
- Populate and maintain PLM Data Tables to support product technical specifications.
- Work with Merchandising/Design to establish appropriate brand specific fits.
- Reveal technical specifications to appropriate recipients.
- Ship hard goods e.g., prototype garments, styling/construction mock-ups, paper patterns to appropriate recipients.
- Evaluate Prototype samples, Fit samples for measurement and construction accuracy, and quality.
- Review Pre Production samples for construction detail accuracy and raw materials verification.
- Provide approval/rejection feedback to appropriate recipients for Fit samples and Size Set samples for measurement and construction accuracy, and quality.
- Provide technical guidance to appropriate recipients for Fit samples alterations.
- Participate in maintaining consistency of product fit, technical specifications and development processes across brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design or Apparel Production, or other related field;
- 5+ years experience in technical design and/or pattern making
- Knowledge in PLM, Illustrator, & Gmail.
- Basic knowledge of CAD software for patternmaking ie Gerber Accumark
- **Knowledge of Optitex 3D software is a plus.
- How to measure a garment and how to write points of measurement for a garment.
- Knowledge in fabrics and trims
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical/mathematical skills
- Ability in being a dedicated team player
See Job Description