Developmental Editor at AICPA
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The Developmental Editor ensures the organization and structure of the content is consistent with product goals. This includes restructuring content to ensure flow, readability, and alignment with pedagogy, where applicable, for competency and learning products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the Content and Product Development Team to understand the content and audience for products and make recommendations as to structure and flow of the product.
- Analyze targeted competitive products to identify optimal presentation of core content and pedagogical features for Association product.
- Receive and organize content for completed manuscript. Determine size of product by estimating conversion of manuscript pages to approximate size of finished product in multiple delivery formats.
- Assess content and create development plan.
- Make recommendations on interior design for print and eBook products.
Develop the manuscript according to development plan. This could include: reorganization of the content, when appropriate, for flow and readability, facilitating content transitions, and assessing pedagogical elements to ensure a strong product.
- Adapt content when necessary for a global audience.
- Review editorial changes, when needed, and resolve queries with Content and Product Development Team.
- Collaborate with instructional designers on various learning projects to lend expertise to content presentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, publishing styles, and publishing conventions.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook.
- Strong editorial, project management, strategic thinking, planning, quality assurance, organization, problem-solving, diplomacy, customer service, analytical, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with application of pedagogy to learning and competency products.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong attention to detail while understanding the “big picture”.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Familiarity with British publishing conventions and style guides including Oxford Style Manual and The Economist Style Guide.
At least 4 years’ experience in publishing business performing developmental or copy editing of technical, professional and learning content.
- Bachelor's degree in English or other related field.