Driver - Class A CDL (Home every night!) at NMC Transport LLC
Posted in Drivers 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Norfolk, Nebraska
Company: NMC Group
Title: Driver - Class A CDL
Location: Norfolk, NE
Hours: 7:00AM - 5:00PM (Home every night)
NMC has served customers with equipment and service solutions since 1938. Today, our company remains customer-focused by providing a comprehensive line of product sales, parts, rental and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway truck, agriculture and railroad industries. Whether it’s Caterpillar equipment or another leading equipment manufacturer, NMC continually forges new solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – and they are the strength of NMC. It is this strength which will move NMC into tomorrow.
This NMC Class A CDL Driver is responsible for operating motor vehicles in providing pick-up and delivery of equipment for rent, sold or transfer in the most safe and efficient way possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Delivers and picks-up equipment bought, sold or transferred from one point to another in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Loads/unloads and ensures proper load securement of equipment. Follows all NMC and customer-specific safety policies and procedures. Uses equipment and materials properly
- Communicates with dispatch and checks work order system regularly for pick-up and delivery instructions. Acts as liaison between internal/external customers and dispatch ensuring all necessary information is relayed
- Contacts customer to obtain location of pick-up or drop-off of equipment. Ensures customer knows how to operate machine
- Inspects and reports potential defects in truck and trailer daily. Performs basic maintenance monthly, DOT inspections annually and upkeep as needed to truck/trailer.
- Maintains accurate daily DOT logs. Log all miles and hours driven throughout day. Provides weekly/monthly reports
- May perform other duties as required and assigned
Additional Tasks/Secondary Job Functions, if applicable
- Attends safety meetings as required.
- Inspects chains and binders for wear on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Coordinates with Dispatch to secure proper permits and flags for hauling heavy/oversize equipment.
- Completes and turns in expenses receipts on a monthly basis.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience hauling/transporting and loading/unloading heavy equipment required.
- Valid Class A CDL required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Federal and State DOT regulations.
- Knowledge of basic transportation logistics.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate proper securement of all types of equipment per DOT regulations.
- Skills in written and verbal communications, along with positive, professional, and friendly communication skills
- Skills in working with chains and binder straps to secure equipment to truck/trailer.
- Ability to operate company tractor/trailer and straight truck as well as other trailers in fleet.
- Ability to complete training on electronic on board device within 30 day of hire.
- Ability to properly operate all types of equipment and obtain proper certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take proper care of goods while transporting and avoid any damage, loss or scratches.
- Ability to operate all types of lifts such as forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, etc.
- Ability to be punctual and follow schedule in order to transport equipment on time.
- Ability to travel minimum of 75% of time during an 8-hour workday with possibility of layovers up to 1-2 nights/week as needed.
- Ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements.
- Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.