Senior Managing Consultant Corporate Finance at Berkeley Research Group
Posted in Consultant 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
This position can be based out of the Boston, Chicago and New York City office.
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 39 offices across the U.S. and internationally.
The Senior Managing Consultant role is a senior-level consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Senior Managing Consultant will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature. Responsibilities include: management of junior staff, design and development of financial analyses, evaluation of strategic alternatives, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of existing client relationships, industry research, and expansion of business. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of assignments relating to:
- CFO Solutions (Finance and Accounting Transformation)
- Strategy and Operations
This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of BRG Corporate Finance client service teams executing on business improvement initiatives.
- Manage and oversee a support team of junior staff
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to: financial modeling, valuation, business process optimization, data analytics and visualization, financial statement review, and business plan assessments
- Evaluate strategic alternatives and develop recommendations to clients based on current business and industry conditions
- Collaborate with BRG experts, professionals from other firms and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives
- Create project plans and ensure that goals and milestones are being achieved
- Develop the content and lead the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables
- Participate in the development of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial consulting practice including assisting in marketing, client pitches and product and practice development
- Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
- Bachelor's degree or degree equivalent in Business, Accounting/Finance, Management, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related field. A Master's degree, MBA, CFA, or CPA is a plus.
- 7 to 10 years prior work experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other staff
- Effective written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with senior management.
- Ability to manage and develop client relationships
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
- Strong data analysis skills and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Capital IQ, APQC, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Basic understanding of SQL, Python, VBA or other coding languages is a plus
- Basic understanding of Tableau or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Understanding of bankruptcy processes and procedures
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.