CQC Safety Manager at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Fort Riley, KansasJob Description:
Olgoonik Diversified Services, LLC, an engineering/construction company specializing in facilities construction, operations and repair, is seeking candidates for the position of Construction Quality Control Safety Manager. This is a full-time, year-round position with commensurate salary and benefits.
- Administer the Quality Control Program by preparing QC plans and reports, field inspections of work in progress (3 phase inspections), conducting or obtaining material tests, preparing reports, and coordination with government inspectors.
- Coordinate field work with project managers.
- Review subcontractor material, approved submittals and shop drawings, and checks the construction for compliance.
- Assure red line (as-builts) drawings are kept up to date in the field.
- Maintain and administer the company's safety plan and ensure safe field practices.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in construction with emphasis in quality control involving small to medium sized maintenance, repair, and minor construction projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management preferred. Extensive experience may be considered in lieu of a degree or non-related degree.
- LEEDs certification is a plus, but not required.
- Past experience working/managing Corps of Engineers projects.
- Experience with a multi-million dollar construction program including all elements required to oversee the quality control aspects of the projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence employees and subcontractors to actively support QC programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Suite products including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Corps of Engineers Quality Management for Contractors certificate is required or the ability to acquire it within a short period of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear;. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.