Construction Manager - US Secret Clearance Required - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Tetra Tech, a leader in consulting, engineering, environmental science and technical services worldwide has a challenging and immediate opportunity for a highly motivated professional in our growing Pro-telligent business unit. We are a diverse company, embracing talented individuals with expertise in project management, subject matter, global health, engineering, construction, safety, security and information technology. PRO-Telligent, A Tetra Tech Company, is seeking a
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRO-Telligent, A Tetra Tech Company, is seeking aConstruction Manager. The Construction Manager will be assigned to the U.S. Department of State's (DOS) Consulate Renovation project in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and assist DOS's Project Director in the planning, directing, and coordinating of the project. Approximately 60% of work will be performed on the night shift. Night shift hours are considered 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Position will require full-time deployment to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The Construction Manager works with assigned project team members to meet the scope, schedule, and cost goals of the project
- The Construction Manager works to coordinate the efforts of the staff, ensures an appropriate safety and accident prevention plan is implemented, assists in planning/scheduling work
- Ensures any necessary licenses/permits are obtained, coordinates solutions to problems involving work procedures/complaints, receives/reviews/tracks submittals from contractor
- Maintains a "Daily Project Log", prepares a "CM Monthly Report", assists in acquiring/utilizing local construction contractors, develops/maintains inventory, and supports the USG Project Director in all contract administration matters
- Compensation will include the U.S. Department of State's recommended uplifts including 20% COLA and 10% Post Differential and allowances for both Housing & Local Transportation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing vertical construction projects
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following disciplines: Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Architecture will be acceptable
- Minimum of a Final Secret clearance
- Minimum of 7 years of on-site experience managing vertical construction projects
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree from a U.S. institution in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Architecture
- Prior overseas experience strongly preferred but not mandatory
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer a competitive full range compensation package including; company subsidized medical, vision, dental and prescription coverage; company paid life insurance and long-term disability; 401 (k); employee stock purchase plan and so much more!
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration submit your resume to http://www.tetratech.com/. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com/ to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: 703-414-5593.