Construction Project Engineer- Parsippany, NJ at Tilcon New York, Inc
Posted in Construction 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
Job ID: 129068
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for construction and other technical activities relating to the project. Ensures quality of work, compliance with all governing agency requirements, and maintains project quantity and correspondence records.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Lead and uphold TNY values
- Reinforce and lead by example on TNY safety culture
- Promote and enforce TNY and OMG Safety Practices
- Safety Incident reviews/investigations
- Bid reviews
- Assist in project supervision
- Quality results tracking
- Progress unit review/projections
- Project hand off to set clear expectations detailing aspects of the project that are critical to its success
- Material/Sub contractor negotiating and buy out
- Material Submittals/approvals tracking
- Change order tracking/Estimating
- Weekly project progress and cost reviews
- Subcontractor payment
- Agency compliance
- Project budget review and plans to improve cost/schedule
- Daily, 2 week and 90 day schedule development and communication
- Track/manage daily quantities and costs – Infield reviews
- Communication with customer/project representatives, R.E., etc.
- Project close out
- Includes daytime, plus evening and weekend work and phone calls from time to time.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Assists other departments as requested or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 5+ years of experience in the construction industry along with supervisory experience.
- Computer savvy.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Mining/Civil Engineering or a related engineering field; any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Demonstrate friendly and business-like attitude towards vendors, customers, truck drivers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Strong computer knowledge
- Must be able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management and clients.
- Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations as they arise.
- Working knowledge of English and Math, office practices and procedures.
- Ability to check own work to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance when needed
- Must have strong data entry skills and be proficient in Outlook.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
- Cleanliness & neatness of all equipment, tools, desks, & computers is a must at all times.
- Be able to work independently, safely, have strong organization skills, and have a strong work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.