Clinical Pharmacist (Inpatient Services) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as a Clinical Pharmacist in Inpatient Services
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to:
- Provide medication therapy management services as part of the interdisciplinary team to patients on inpatient services to assure that drug therapy is safe, effective, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Perform both clinical and distributive tasks necessary to ensure that patients’ medication therapy is safe, effective, timely, and efficient.
- Provide training and education to Pharmacy Residents and PharmD students through practical and didactic experiences.
- Provide interdisciplinary patient care rounds, medication reconciliation, medication therapy monitoring, medication orders management, patient education, drug information, drug dosing, and various scholarly activities
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree
Preferred - Completion of an ASHP Accredited Residency training program
Minimum - One year of clinical patient care and orders management experience
Preferred - Three years of institutional experience (hospital or integrated health system) or completion of an ASHP accredited residency training program
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Wisconsin Certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (new hires required to become certified within 18 months of hire date or eligibility date)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to logically organize details
- Comfortable accepting responsibility for medium to large scale projects involving multiple resources and spanning many months from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This full time position will have shifts scheduled between the hours of 6:00 am to 12:00 pm (midnight). Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in seven medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.