Supply Chain Project Manager II at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
The SCM Project Manager will drive ongoing enhancements and increased efficiency within Jabil’s global supply chain, striving continuously to improve value to the customer. The SCM Project Manager will provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business, functional and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions and processes that are small/medium size. The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Manager or Program Manager. Mentoring Project Management subordinates is an essential responsibility of this role to ensure that the team is maturing their project skills and capabilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with customer from requirements gathering through product acceptance
- Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
- Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
- Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
- Align the program team to customer needs by preparing project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
- Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule and charter
- Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
- Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal procurement team
- Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
- Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
- Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
- Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
- Work independently on medium risk projects with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Recommend, prepare and conduct training
- Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors
- Ensure 100% adherence to all Supply Chain and department policy, processes and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
General responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
- Effectively identify and address project-related conflicts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Understand and embrace the business and Supply Chain strategic direction
- To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to business systems, data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business.
- Three to five years business experience as a business analyst.
PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.