Production Worker, Part Time- Napoleon, OH at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Napoleon, Ohio
Job ID: 131614
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES) has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Production Worker ensures the safe and efficient production of molded OES products within customer specifications and prepares products for shipping.
- Reviews the production specifications of each product SKU scheduled for production prior to shift and asks clarifying questions
- Removes product from machine in adherence with machine cycle time to maintain scheduled production
- Trims, files or cuts excess flash from the product using required tools in accordance with product specifications
- Inspects each piece to ensure that it meets quality standards and customer specifications
- Advises a supervisor of product quality issues, packing damage or inconsistencies in a timely manner to limit production loss
- Installs or assembles any additional component in accordance with order specifications
- Maintains a high level of awareness of surroundings and communicates issues or concerns that could potentially interfere with production or create an unsafe work environment
- Labels, packages, and stacks finished product in preparation for transfer to shipping
- Adheres to all established safety procedures and advise supervisor of any potential safety hazards or concerns
- Maintains a clean and organized workstation always to ensure the safety of self and others
- Ability to communicate verbally or in writing
- Ability to display safety orientation
Required Training or Certifications
- Relevant vocational training or certification (desired)
Proficient in: Putty knife, Safety knife, Rasp, Drills and hammers, and Pneumatic cutters
- This job involves the following physical demands: Walking, climbing stairs/ladders, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, and using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- Lifting requirements are generally up to 40 pounds maximum
- Environmental conditions involve limited outdoor work; indoor work is generally warm during summer months
- Job responsibilities involve occasional use of cleaning chemicals
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.