Digital Director, OprahMag.com at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Digital Director for Oprah Magazine. This position will be based in New York and report in to the SVP/Editorial Director of Hearst Digital Media. The Digital Director will be responsible for managing OprahMag.com’s edit team, content, and content distribution on a day-to-day basis. Strong packaging, editing, and content marketing skills as well as experience managing a talented and extremely fast-moving team are a must.
- Manage the OprahMag.com edit lineup 24/7/365 and ensure it has the correct content mix
- Work on the packaging across all site sections (short- and long-form), top edit and read/optimize all content
- Strong background in editing women’s lifestyle content
- Manage a team of 8
- Understand and act upon analytics
- Comfortable and confident backing up editorial decisions with both data and judgment
- Experience in creating content targeted to SEO
- Recruit unique voices for the site
- Produce award-winning content that will grow the site’s audience
- Conceive of big, online conversation–generating content packages throughout the edit calendar
- At least 10 years as an editor, with substantial digital experience
- Editorial background as a generalist
- Strong skill as an editor as well as content packager and marketer
- Experience managing a team and planning a content strategy
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
- Must be a collaborator
- Versed in using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Open to experimenting with new content types and persistent reinvention