Program Director, Organizational Development and Learning at Institute for Building Technology and Safety
Posted in Security 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Ashburn, VirginiaJob Description:
Institute for Building Technology and Safety
Job ID 2018-1454
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-VA-Ashburn
Posted Date 3/1/2018
Category Human Capital
The Deputy Director of OD & Learning is responsible for driving the delivery of strategic priorities for HR Learning and Development within IBTS. The successful candidate will build strong cross-functional relationships with all levels of management to understand business drivers, identify learning priorities and needs, and develop & implement upon strategic learning initiatives and plans. Individual will create leadership and management development methods to increase and sustain IBTS' leadership capability and bench strength to support future growth. The Deputy Director will be expected to achieve goals of IBTS' Corporate Strategic Plan that support Human Capital and Learning/Development initiatives for the organization.
Summary of Responsibilities: The individual will be focused on 4 key areas: Learning Culture, Coaching, Change Management & Mentoring / Onboarding Remote Staff Management
Learning Culture: Expansion of current learning practices to expand culture of learning into all facets of the organization.
- Creates innovative learning and development initiatives to support future growth of organization and establish solid culture of learning
- Leads the review, identification and implementation of Learning Management Systems
- Analyzes training and development needs and evaluates the effectiveness of programs
- Manages outside training vendor relationships
- Conducts needs analysis and confers with managers across the organization to determine training and development needs, and develops programs/initiatives to meet those needs
- Ensures maintenance of records and prepares statistical reports to anticipate organizational needs and evaluate progress and success of programs
- Recommends soft-skills development solutions based on analysis of business goals, organizational and technological constraints, and budget and schedule considerations and leads through to implementation & assessment post delivery
- Review, utilize and develop upon internal and external resources to integrate best practices, establish pre-post training metrics, benchmark methods, training evaluation tools, program effectiveness assessments and recommended blended venue and resource strategy
- Drive development of current and future leaders
- Develops policies and solutions based on knowledge of identified training needs, internal processes, business systems, and/or changes in products, procedures or services
- Manage and run current training programs and assess current programs such as Management Primer for expansion
Coaching: IBTS is committed to the success of its leaders and managers and is creating a Coaching Practice internally to serve this population. This component of the role will aide others in reaching their full potential.
- Work with Director of Human Capital to build a community of practice and provide expanded coaching internally over time
- Work one on one and in small groups with current managers and directors to establish coaching relationships
- Collaborate with participants to analyze needs and build quality individualized professional development plans
- Provide direct coaching using a range of strategies to build confidence and competency in each leader
- Inspire new ideas and change in behavior for individuals ready for personal growth and expansion of emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to provide coaching externally to local communities and clients
Change Management: Set and lead change management within the organization through the design of change strategy and change interventions. Program Development and support for change from the set-up of an effective change management process through the driving adoption of changes to ensure new ways of working are embedded. Responsible for developing an embedded change plan that will focus not only on individual short-term objectives but broader scale organizational long-term strategic changes.
- Define in a compelling way what the vision for change is and what it means
- Build upon and effectively deliver change management processes and coach a network of project change resources in application
- Provide transformation advice and consultancy support to the organization
- Enable the design of a set of change planning measures to assess the effectiveness of change journeys
- Work with program management and division teams to influence program delivery and optimal change adoption
- Ensure that delivery plans are designed for efficiency and impact with particular consideration for the degree and type of impact on key user groups
- Analyze the cumulative volume of change across multiple projects on different parts of the organization
- Develop and support the deployment of Change Management interventions and assist with the propagation of these solutions across the organization
- Scan the external business environment with the view to identifying best practice Change Management tools and techniques which have application within the working environment
- Partner with other parts of the organization instrumental in delivering the transformation such as the core HR Department within the Human Capital Team
- Driver user adoption and ensure the realization of new ways of working
- Identify measure and demonstrate results and benefits of change management interventions
- Work with stakeholders of different levels, functional areas, divisions and in multiple geographies across the US
- Sell the change to leaders and employees by articulating and demonstrating a compelling vision for the future outcomes of the project
- Coach and develop project change resources
- Ability to expand internal change consultancy and efforts to external clients and impact local communities
Mentoring & Onboarding Remote Staff Management: Serve as a steward for the IBTS way with new managers and in particular remote staff management with key new project wins, expansions and critical hires. Provide mentoring and assimilation to ensure long term success.
- Partner with Division Leaders to serve as the face of IBTS for new hires providing mentoring and onboarding assistance to ensure new hire assimilation success
- Serve as an intermediary between the Division Directors and new hire management to represent the IBTS way and ensure alliance with corporate values and new hire execution
- Partner with HR Team Members to provide HR advice and services on human capital initiatives and explain corporate infrastructure to new hires
- May serve as a project leader for future acquisitions and large wins from a Human Capital perspective
- Leverage relationship management skills with a focus on superior client service and influencing skills
- Leverage project management skills to manage short and long term projects for growth and expansion efforts
- Develop onboarding programs designed at impacting new staff in particular remote staff - designing impactful programming to impact their assimilation and impact time to productivity
- Ensure new staff are able to articulate core values, mission, purpose of organization and serve as stewards to the community through their roles
- Bachelor's degree in a related field along with 10+ years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in learning/development and organizational behavior.
- 5+ years in Human Resources & Human Capital management to serve as a conduit from L&D to the HR disciplines.
- Extensive experience in creating & delivering management training on topics relating to emotional intelligence.
- Successful experience in developing & tracking metrics related to training ROI
- Demonstrated knowledge of coaching executive and mid-level managers with proven results
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- A successful track record of managing change in an organization
- Experience in large scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering business change, including approach, plans and measurement / feedback processes
- Ability to measure, demonstrate and articulate the change impact to the business, of specific process and service changes and to make these tangible for staff
- Master's degree in Adult education, IO/Psych, Human Resource Development, OD or related field strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in learning consultation, needs evaluation and training program design and management
- Coaching Certificate with over 200 hours of logged coaching
- Change Management / PMP Certification
Required skills, knowledge, and demonstrated success:
- Demonstrated success in design and development of OD & Learning initiatives and plans through successful execution.
- Proven track record of inspiring change & excellence in individuals through coaching practicum
- Thrives on building long-lasting relationships in a positive, collaborative culture.
- Enhancer of the image of the organization with high degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
- Ability to take an enterprise level view and align and engage to the vision; translate the vision into an executable plan that inspires success and synergy.
- Experience acting as a catalyst for innovation and change in an agile manner.
- Provides ongoing feedback to members of the organization to assist with the further development of their skills, capabilities and approaches. Uses a combination of formal and informal methods to deliver feedback and career counseling.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and foster commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates others to accomplish group goals.
IBTS and its three subsidiaries provide professional services to all levels of governments, nonprofits, and public-private partnerships. Services are provided in many states, and nine field service locations provide regional and national services. Its vision is to be recognized as the leading service provider to all levels of government, community and industry worldwide. Established over 40 years ago, IBTS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit fee for services type organization with 350 staff and more than 200 consultants. IBTS provides services in community/city/county administration (all services except fire, police, health, and social services), disaster recovery, public infrastructure, construction management, building department/ planning/zoning, energy, resiliency, grant administration, risk management, facility management, IT/data management, QA/QC, and program administration. IBTS has been growing rapidly due to its successful track-record, unique value proposition, and diverse services.