Aggregate Quality Control Technician - Daytona Beach, FL at Preferred Materials Inc
Posted in Architecture 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
City: Daytona Beach
Postal/Zip Code: 32114
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc. supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control technician to join our team in Tampa, Florida. Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Technician is responsible for testing and reporting the quality of aggregate received and distributed to meet the standards set forth
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews data from tests, determines degree of conformity with specifications requirements and submits tests results to appropriate agency for approval. Interacts with construction and material personnel with regard to the testing and approval of various aggregates.
- Become certified in ACI Aggregate Testing certified and/or maintain the certification.
- Conduct field and raw material tests in accordance to ASTM, FDOT and AASHTO procedures. Must have a working knowledge of Florida Methods (FM), AASHTO, and ASTM testing.
- Supervises repair and maintenance on Lab equipment
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and report ant safety concerns or violations to the Quality Control Manager and the Company Safety Director.
- Required to drive company vehicle, must meet Conrad Yelvington Distributors Fleet Vehicle Standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the current “Construction Materials Engineering Council” Laboratory Accreditation.
- Responsible for maintaining the QMS (Quality Management System) which includes all equipment calibrations records as well as technician training records.
- Skills and experience in mathematics
- Computer Skills (AggQC, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid Drivers License
- High School Education
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis
- One or more years aggregate testing for FDOT compliance
- ACI Aggregate Level I certification
Shift differential may apply
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.