Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
Location: Virginia Beach OR Roanoke, Virginia
Position Open: March 2,
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through
corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Architect in our Virginia Beach, VA or Roanoke, VA offices who will be responsible for performing, directing and supervising all aspects of architectural design services on multi-discipline building design projects of small to moderate scope for commercial and government facilities. This position will have a primary focus on federal DOD projects.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Performing all aspects of architectural design services including conceptual studies, programming, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents under the direct supervision of the Managing Principal, Design Manager or Senior Architect
· Working on a multi-discipline design team
· Meeting with clients to prepare and validate scope of work
· Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
· Obtain guidance from Senior Architects and the Department Head as necessary to resolve technical and coordination issues and conflicting criteria
· Direct and supervise the work of Interns, Designers and CAD Technicians assigned to the project, particularly where unusual or difficult problems are encountered
· Providing architectural services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed
· Providing architectural services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings
· Complying with the company’s quality control practices and procedures
· Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Managing Principals, Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, and senior management
· Working with a multi-discipline team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
· Participate in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
· Directing, supervising and training junior architectural staff as directed
· Mentoring and monitoring the professional development of junior architectural staff
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist with Senior Architect tasks as directed
· Serve in the role of Design Manager on projects as assigned
· Assist in the preparation of scope and fee proposals for the architectural portion of multi-discipline projects or single-discipline, architectural-only projects
· Conduct project code analysis for review by the Managing Principal, Design Manager or Senior Architect
· Analyze, design and document project components
· Develop details of building system components
· Develop discipline specifications for review by the Design Manager or Senior Architect
· Coordinate drawings with technical specifications
· Coordinate work product with other disciplines
· Review all work products prepared by support staff assigned to the project
· Incorporate responses to QC comments into the project documents
· Assist in responding to RFI’s, Dr. Check comments, etc.
· Review and respond to CA submittals
· Perform discipline QA/QC review on assigned projects
· Adhere to project budget and schedule
· May require domestic and foreign travel
· Bachelor of Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program -or-
· Masters of Architecture (MA must be from an NAAB-accredited program)
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
· Must be a fully licensed Architect in at least one US state, preferably in the local jurisdiction
· NCARB certified to facilitate licensure through reciprocity is preferred
· Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices with LEED AP accreditation preferred
· Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
An Architect should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, accounting, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to understand the capabilities and limitations of the programs and interact with the support staff in their use of the software is highly desirable.
An Architect should typically have 4 years or more of significant design experience as an architect intern in an architectural firm or a multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering firm.
Experience in federal, state, municipal, healthcare, commercial, higher education or similar projects plus experience in Design/Build and CM at Risk project delivery methods will be given additional consideration.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
· Technical precision and creative design skills
· Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
· Ability to provide outstanding professional services
· Dedication to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Selection will be based on your application, resume, and portfolio. In order to be considered, you will need to submit a portfolio with your application according to the following parameters:
· Single file in PDF format
· Maximum File Size:10 MB
· No page limits, provided that the file size restrictions are met
· Portfolios must be submitted electronically. We will NOT accept or consider hard copy portfolios.