Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling, Virginia
The Specialist will report to the Director of Archives of a market leading provider of archive and biorepository services to the research and development industry. The Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, vendors, and staff. The Specialist will be a focal point for all customer communication.
The company is a growing, internationally recognized firm entering its 40th year of operation. We have a professional work environment with a casual dress code, operating in state-of-the art purpose-built facilities located in Sterling, Virginia and Leesburg, Virginia.
* Create/maintain a successful relationship with new and existing clients on a daily basis, as follows (but not limited to):
* Effectively and efficiently answer client questions, concerns, and establish new account setup.
* Create and provide proposals to clients.
* Meet with clients during on-site visits of our facility.
* Interact with clients on special projects.
* Analyze and review records generated by Operations departments as it pertains to client shipments and communicate feedback to the clients.
* Act as a liaison with the Logistics and Operations departments by providing information regarding client requests or information that may assist in the setup and shipment of material.
* Assist with project completion as necessary by providing shipment records to the clients, along with invoices and inventories.
* Assist in resolving questions related to inventories, shipping, and invoicing.
Experience & Skills:
* Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess strong computer skills and knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office products).
* Consistently exercises discretion, good judgment, utilizes organizational skills, and takes initiative.
* Ability to apply and explain regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to independently solve problems while performing liaison activities that require complex arrangements.
* Ability to balance and coordinate workload and prioritize multiple projects.
* Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all matters concerning the company, its customers, and employees.
* Experience working within a GLP, GCP or GMP environment is a plus.
* Bachelor s Degree and/or at least 1 to 2 years in administrative, customer service, or account management role.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships by possessing a professional and courteous attitude at all times.
* Ability to review and analyze documents for accuracy and completeness.
* Possess exceptional documentation and organizational skills.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those personnel may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Typically works in an office, laboratory, or archive environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Personnel are required to stand and walk for a portion of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
* Personnel use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .