Research Manager, Connected/Autonomous Vehicle at IDC
Posted in Research 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Framingham, MassachusettsJob Description:
Requisition Number 2018-1334
Functional Area Research
# of Openings 1
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's is seeking a Research Manager to lead IDC's Connected/Autonomous Vehicle coverage. The ideal candidate will have experience researching the connected/autonomous vehicle ecosystem and has an established point of view on how content and services will be delivered to the vehicle as well as how the feedback loop to automotive manufacturers, dealers and consumers about vehicle performance will evolve. We are seeking an individual to take a leading role in studying this dynamic and fast-paced area. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate the interdependencies that exist between the connected vehicle and autonomous vehicle. This individual must also understand the content, services and application development elements that are contributing to this market. The Research Manager will be responsible for providing strategic insight to clients by analyzing qualitative and quantitative information, and then synthesizing various industry trends in a logical and forward-thinking manner. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker who can approach this growing research domain with energy, curiosity and analytical rigor.
- Develop research, forecast models, and market share information for the connected/autonomous vehicle ecosystem
- Create a framework to analyze the interdependencies between the connected vehicle vs. autonomous vehicle
- Develop an approach for analyzing the competitive, and rapidly changing, connected/autonomous vehicle landscape
- Identify and produce insightful and timely connected vehicle/autonomous vehicle research
- Gather and analyze survey data on consumer buying preferences and future feature requirements as well as drivers/inhibitors to adoption
- Work with IDC clients on their requests, inquiries, and consulting projects
- Work closely with IDC's sales team to continue growing our coverage on this market
- Collaborate with IDC's broader IoT and Mobility team to coordinate research activities around core themes in the broader market
- Bachelor's degree required (a graduate degree is desirable)
- 5-10 years of previous market research experience covering the connected/autonomous vehicle market or a related industry
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- Exhibits industry presence and Thought Leadership approach to research
- Ability to travel (
- Business development experience
- Demonstrated ability in working under pressure with competing deadlines
- Ability and interest in collaborating in a global environment
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.