Patent Agent at Morgan Lewis
Posted in Accounting 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Technical Specialist/Patent Agent for the IP Practice Group. With more than 150 intellectual property professionals and technical specialists, unlike smaller boutique firms, Morgan Lewis brings to bear considerable resources of one of the largest law firms in the United States. We offer substantial resources representing and advising clients on all aspects of intellectual property: Patent, Trademark, Copyright, IP Litigation, IP Licensing, IP Enforcement Programs, Trade Secrets, Franchises, Internet, Advertising, Unfair Competition, Outsourcing and Managed Services, and IP Issues in Business Transactions. This position will reside in the Silicon Valley Office and will be responsible for:
* Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
* Performing prior art searches and analysis
* Patentability analysis
* Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
* Prepare substantive client correspondence
* Instruct foreign filings and Office Actions
* Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects
Experience / Qualifications
* A degree in the fields of engineering, computer science, physics, or math
* Strong analytical, research, writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.