Project Engineer - Boston at Transystems Corp
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Plans, designs and directs components of transportation and land development projects including stormwater management, drainage and utilities, grading, etc.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
- Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty.
Supervisory Responsibilities – No supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required with 5-8 years of design experience. Working knowledge of MassDOT policies, standards and requirements is preferred.
Computer Skills - Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, StormCAD, PondPack or HydroCAD; knowledge of ArcMAP and MicroStation/GeoPak; is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses – Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).