Leasing Consultant at Oakland Management Corp
Posted in Real Estate 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for achieving and maintaining occupancy goals of the community. To achieve this goal, Leasing Associates must engage potential new residents, their families, existing residents and referral sources in a manner that draws new residents to the community.
• Maintains a strong knowledge of various company leasing tools and programs including property management software, lead tracking systems etc.
• Complies with all company policies and standards.
• Arrives to work each day in full compliance with company appearance standards.
• Assists in maintaining a motivational atmosphere in the workplace.
• Can effectively compile and analyze market studies as needed/required.
• Provides and receives open, positive, direct feedback to all team members.
• Assists in the organization and preparation of move-in, renewals and the move-out of our residents to ensure that the process is a positive experience (worthy of referral)
• Assists in the creation of interesting newsletters and social media updates, on-target social events and rent collection, remembering that each of these interactions with our residents should be very positive.
• Assists in resolution of resident concerns
• Assists the Executive Director in the pursuit of opportunities to increase income, decrease expenses or add to the overall value of the community whenever possible.
• Effectively completes all position relevant paperwork in a timeline consistent with company standards.
• Completes the daily marketing checklist.
• Completes community tours in a manner that meets company expectations.
• Ensure that the leasing office, clubhouse and models present well at all times. ( refreshments, cleanliness, etc.).
• Process all applications adhering to company guidelines and policies. Unauthorized specials, deposits, etc. should not be offered or condoned.
• Produce weekly measurable results, including leasing apartments weekly. Performs with excellence on the phone, in-person, in follow-up and all other pertinent areas.
• Personally audits apartment homes, models, gatehouse, amenities and grounds daily to assist the Leasing Manager/Executive Director and to ensure that excellence is visibly demonstrated.
• Assists residents with various needs of daily living within the community (i.e. scheduling of service requests)
• Successfully manage and foster relationships with third party referral companies/businesses.
• Flexible, innovative and demonstrates the ability to lead and manage.
• High integrity, positive attitude, mission drive and self-directed.
• Passion, dedication and commitment for providing seniors an engaging, enlivening and captivating living environment.
• Ability to identify issues before they occur.
• Able to handle problems as they arise in relation to the operation of the community and collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusion and make changes to prevent the problem from occurring again.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
• One year experience in a related field preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Yardi.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The position is required to regularly sit for long periods of time, walk, and communicate with residents, staff, family members and the public.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
See job description