Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: North Hollywood, California
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Inspector Analyst is expected to interpret, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development, manufacture and delivery of products.
Job Core Responsibilities
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
* Perform Inspector A, Assembly and test duties.
* Support QA Department records, data analysis and presentation, customer contract and purchase order review.
* Support QE Department through all phases of Whittaker's contract performance.
* Assist QA Engineering with customer contract and purchase order review analysis.
* Assist with preparation of QA flowdown.
* Act as customer representative's delegate and perform "source inspection" type review (i.e., review and understand customer contact, technical requirements and drawings, and determine compliance with customer deliverable data requirements).
* Perform Whittaker QMS and EMS internal audits to established department audit instructions.
* Participate in preparation, review and release of QA Command Media.
* Assist in presentation of training materials and activities in support of QAP 9 and other training requirements.
* Will be required to perform QA administrative support duties and other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
* Accurately prepare all documents to appropriate specifications including, but not limited to, all correspondence including reports, memos, letters and spreadsheets, as needed.
* Organize and administer all aspects of the position.
* Expected to be at work everyday and arrive at work at the assigned time for the assigned number of hours.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (to include analytical functions), and Power Point in support of QA reports, procedures and presentations.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High level of accuracy.
Able to work with minimal supervision.
Customer service driven.
Able to manage multiple tasks.
Professional conduct at all times.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
High school diploma or GED, OR
A combination of the above, and 5 + years' experience in aerospace Quality Assurance.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally required to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
* Safety glasses, shop coat/apron, proper shoes.
* Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.