INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER at Harland Clarke
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of quality payment solutions, multi-channel marketing campaigns, and secure data-driven lead generation programs and critical communications. In addition, Harland Clarke provides promotional products, call centers, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions. The company delivers operational excellence and intelligent solutions to more than 50 million consumers and 5 million small and medium sized businesses per year through its relationships with 8,500+ of the nation’s leading financial institutions, large retailers, affiliate marketing companies and accounting software providers. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HarlandClarke.
Utilizes analytical approaches and fact-based information in developing innovation, strategy, and continuous improvements that integrate human, system, material, energy, information, and technology resources. Develops solutions that are balanced between operational, financial, customer service, employee, and customer considerations. Provides leadership and assistance to Engineering or Technology related projects or functions. Interacts with plant and corporate management.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
- Possess and applies broad knowledge of engineering field.
- Applies knowledge of Company, engineering, & technology principles.
- Analyzes and reviews processes to identify opportunities for innovation, continuous improvement, & cost reductions.
- Incorporates machine specifications, material specifications, and budgeted accounts into a systematic costing system for all products. Revise cost systems as necessary due to equipment changes, job method improvements, new budgeting, etc.
- Designs and upgrades facility layouts as needed.
- Maintains an engineered work measurement standards database for direct and indirect labor processes, which is utilized to calculate labor requirements in production facilities. Designs and establishes productivity reporting summaries aimed at controlling and improving labor costs and machine efficiency and utilization.
- Assist in preparing project proposals and other capital justification.
Participates on special projects as requested by VP of Engineering, Director, Engineering Manager or other senior company officers
Education & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Lean or Six Sigma principles a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD & Production Simulation a plus.
- Project Management Certification a plus.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- Minimum 0-5 years of professional experience.
- Production/Manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
Provides technical leadership, coordination, and direction to projects.
Assists in selecting, training, mentoring, and development of Engineers.
Communication & Contacts Required
- Daily Interactions with Engineers, Engineering Management, VP of Engineering, senior plant management, regional VP's & other Company Officers. Interacts with other process and division personnel and outside vendors on a regular basis.
Operates with some latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with Corporate Engineering Management as needed.
Determine training needs for Plant Technicians.
Manages resources and project schedules in a team-based environment.
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Andrea Hardeman at .