Senior Vice President, U.S. Data & Analytics at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Digital is the award-winning digital arm of Edelman, the largest independent Communications Marketing firm in the world. We fuse subject matter expertise across. Simply put, we provide superior solutions for big-name clientele that want more from their agency partners.
We are looking for a visionary senior analytics leader focused on U.S. business development. This role will be responsible for building net-new revenue through the application of data and analytics for clients and prospects across the US.
This role will also advance and establish Edelman and Edelman Digital as a thought leader in the analytics community. As an important member of the U.S. Digital leadership team, this role will steward best practices, define gaps and opportunities and drive efficiencies across our teams to deliver best-in-class data and analytics experiences on behalf of our clients. This role will work closely with local analytics leaders across our 14 offices and five regions.
This role can be located in any of our hub offices: New York, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, LA, Bay Area or Pacific Northwest.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Serve as adviser, advocate and sales leader across the firm, engaging directly with U.S. clients and prospects to provide counsel on analytics offering and solving specific client business problems through analytics
- Identify and sell new opportunities to support business growth
- Play a pivotal role in new business pitches by encouraging the rigor and application of data and analytics to drive insights, actions and outcomes
- Own a thought leadership position on behalf of Edelman by positioning your expertise and our firm?s POV in the external market
- Speak at 4 conferences/year
- Own content creation including one monthly short-form POV, one quarterly in-depth analysis, and contribute to Edelman Digital?s annual trends report
- Participate and advise on Edelman?s innovative and future-looking analytics capability that includes cutting-edge research tools, actionable business intelligence operations, and an advanced analytics team
- Deep knowledge of existing technology with the ability to construct unique marketing stacks built for client and prospect?s specific business requirements
- Assess appropriate vendor relationships related to advanced analytical tools, technology, data acquisition, aggregation, curation, BI and metadata management
- Identify new opportunities in the firm?s analytics offering, including partnering with U.S. leaders to build a road-map and vision for new analytics solutions, tools and services, and holistic offerings
- Mentor and coach staff across the U.S. to advance talent expertise
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a senior analytics practitioner and visionary
- This leader will have outstanding communication skills, collaboration and influencing skills, thorough command of competitive intelligence and media analytics, and a broad understanding for delivering actionable marketing insights
- Be comfortable making recommendations to senior clients and will work closely with teams to pursue the ?close? of each opportunity
- Experienced and enthusiastic about speaking publicly and offering an external POV in the market
- Provide the leadership to drive integration of analytics into the firm?s offering across all client verticals, with a proven track record of successfully leveraging, communicating and implementing solutions for actionable, transformative analytics, and a passion for managing and developing high-performing services
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes, skills and professional experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience in analytics, business intelligence, or data solutions
- 8+ years of client engagement and project oversight, preferably with senior marketing and technology leaders
- 8+ management experience overseeing and influencing senior leaders with varied experience
- A track record of thought leadership and a strong digital footprint
- Media industry or marketing services experience is a plus
- Experience and high comfort level working in a client services environment that requires delivering both ?real time? and longer-cycle reporting and insights
- Strong organizational, communications (both verbal & written), presentation, time management, and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of effective, persuasive communication at all levels, and the ability to instinctively adapt messaging to suit multiple clients and audiences ? from the highly technical functions to non-technical and C-Suite
- Ability to strategically influence a broad spectrum of constituencies through tailored, highly effective communication
- A broad understanding of core and emerging analytics methods, approaches and statistical techniques and how they can be deployed to drive value
- MBA and/or advanced degree in data science, business intelligence or related field of study is preferred