Director of Design (SamsClub.com) at Walmart eCommerce
Posted in Art 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Bruno, California
What you'll do
The Director of Design for User Experience and Research for Sam’s Club will help lead the transformation of the experience for a $57 billion retail business. This leader will establish and drive the overall strategy for design and execution of our omnichannel experiences, spanning both ecommerce and brick and mortar retail clubs. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required.
• Inspire the creation of experiences grounded in effective design that results in measurable business goals
• Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 15-20 designers, content managers, and researchers
• Provide overall direction for interaction and service design
• Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
• Serve as the voice of our members alongside product management and technology teams
• Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams
• Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies
• Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps
• Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
• Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design, Communications, English, Writing, or related field and 7 years user experience design or related field OR 11 years experience in user experience design or related field.
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• Passion for growing teams with a culture of learning, experimentation, and fun
• Demonstrated success infusing design thinking into the culture of an organization, demonstrated by leadership in a culture of customer-driven innovation
• 8 years experience in software design or related field
• 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field
• Experience in effectively working with cross-functional senior leadership
• 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology