Manager, Technical Services at Glassdoor
Posted in Art 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mill Valley, California
The Glassdoor Technical Services team is an advertising operations team acting as the key technical resource for customers, from supporting companies in pre-sale, to implementation and support through the life of the partnership. Our group supports all Glassdoor products, using expert knowledge to effectively troubleshoot issues, find unique solutions, and recommend improvements and enhancements to our internal Product teams and external partners.
The Manager, Technical Services role is a high impact leadership position where strategy meets execution. To achieve success, you should have the technical aptitude to dig into tricky cases with your team members, while keeping perspective on the whole picture and developing the vision of how we can take our organization to the next level. You will be reporting into the Head of Technical Services, as part of the Customer Success organization.
You are confident partnering with cross-functional leaders, and are able to readily transition between technical conversations with Product or Engineering and customer-oriented conversations discussing data and how our products work. You are data-oriented and have strong analytical skills; you’re comfortable with the use of data to make decisions and improve the performance of your team. As a leader, you are emotionally intelligent and passionate about leading teams. You get personal satisfaction helping individuals achieve their career goals. You also understand the workings of a startup where everyone is an individual contributor is some capacity - you are excited by this and would describe yourself as proactive and executional.
- Lead a team of up to 10 Technical Services Managers (TSMs) to enable and maintain successful setups for customers’ advertising and recruitment campaigns
- Define, monitor, and manage key performance indicators to ensure delivery against agreed upon metrics and KPIs and work with peers in Customer ----Success leadership to continually improve measurement and reporting of individual and team performance
- Work closely with leaders and TSMs to define and implement processes and playbooks which improve the customer experience, enable growth, and drive efficiency of processes
- Cultivate positive and collaborative working relationships with counterparts in -Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to create client-first processes and develop aligned OKR’s to achieve our company goals
- Work with others in Customer Success leadership to define and implement the strategy for Customer Success at Glassdoor, including developing and leading strategic initiatives
- Recruit, develop and retain exceptional Technical Services team members. --Deliver impactful feedback & coaching and staff appraisals and lead efforts to manage and grow staff engagement within your team
- Act as a trusted advisor, subject matter expert and point of escalation for your team and Glassdoor’s customers.
- Utilize your knowledge of technology, advertising operations, and systems to help team members create queries and tools to efficiently identify technical issues and improve repetitive processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience in a technology role, preferably within technical support, product, or advertising operations
- 2+ years experience with people management, preferably in a B2B organization
- Working knowledge of SQL, common web technologies, and protocols preferred
- Experience using SFDC (or similar CRM) required; familiarity with Gainsight, -Totango or other Customer Success platforms desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a solution-oriented mindset
- Process orientation and ability to define robust, efficient and scaleable processes for workflow management
- Excellent leadership capability and track record of successful people management
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Commitment to Glassdoor’s mission and values
Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.